Posted 01.12.2014 @ 4.03PM
Thanks alot for your inputs :)
I also got feedback from the lecturers - they said something along the lines of what you said **Cheli** - it looks like a government official logo, but it could be advantageous as this could build trust between the audience.
Our lecturer also was reminded of a swan like you said **Zack**
Posted 24.11.2014 @ 3.32PM
Hi Cheli, thanks for taking the time to respond.
1) The first one was an experiment by my group member.
2) The audience of this campaign is aimed at existing people for the legalization of medicinal cannabis, there will be **two phases**:
Inform the public that are for legalization the benefits of medical cannabis - from a little survey we did majority were for **however** that was based on general knowledge not in depth - this phase will help inform them so when they get into discussion about legalization - they have solid reasoning - also 84% trust comes from reccommendations that friends and family have made
Social mobilisation - empower the people to raise their voice, using the comparison tool, have two images, one of someone in pain and the other not with text saying something like "medicinal cannabis can help" or "would you want your grandma to suffer"
3) We tried to minimalize the stigma by choosing the word 'cannabis' and not 'marijuana' this isn't going to neutralize it but its a start
Posted 22.11.2014 @ 3.29PM
*for my own reference, input from outside*
- 3rd is to busy and confusing
- 1st is degraded by stigma associated with entrenched view of marijuana criminalisation
2 draws u in to value before questioning pre conceived judgement
2 strongly focuses on positives first
- if it was for my company i would ask u to rework the 2nd idea to bring the two symbols together to show unity, could confuse idea though
Posted 22.11.2014 @ 3.13PM
This is my first time posting on this forum, I realised this could be useful since this is an awesome design community.
I have a group project in which I have to design a symbol for a campaign.
Campaign chosen: Legalization of Cannabis
RATIONALE FOR SECOND SYMBOL:
The half leaf that is further derived from the original marijuana symbol as to be detached from the stigma, represents that there is another side to Cannabis - the medicinal side. And this is denoted by the simplified chemical compound of Cannabis on the other side of the half leaf.
RATIONALE FOR THIRD SYMBOL:
"our symbol to appear as though it is radiating, like rays of sunlight. This gives a sense of hope, paired with the molecule denoting science is here to help."
**Which one do you guys prefer? And thanks heaps for taking the team to read..**