Posted 12.05.2017 @ 12.00PM
I am looking for volunteers to run a 1.5 hour session on design/graphics/photograhy etc to empower activists.
please email me glenn at actionskills dot org if you are interested
Non-profit event of 100% volunteers
Non-Violent Creative Action – Training and ActionJam
May 25 and 26th, 27th, 2017 @ Dream Factory, Melbourne
We have an amazing lineup. This is the one event you don't Want to miss.
• How creatives can support remote Aboriginal campaigns with Ken Peters-Dodd (remote)
• Facilitating large scale creative protest with Izzy Brown
• Exploring your creativity with Light Wizard
• Creating and curating creative performance NVDA with Deborah Hart
• Building simple websites with Will Dayble
• Media planning for a protest event with Phil Evans
• Find your voice as an effective spokesperson with Dan Purdey
• Mixing festival culture with NVDA with Baron de Merxhausen
• Creative photoshop and graphics with Daniel Florido
• Making Memes and sourcing graphics with Glenn Todd
• More to be announced
Then we will be learning by working directly on two projects. The first one will be creating a creative event for a Frontline Action on Coal action to #StopAdani.
We will announce the second one soon. More info here on the event here
Posted 19.04.2017 @ 7.35PM
ok... i have a venue and dates
Non-Violent Creative Action – Training
May 25 and 26th, 2017 at the Dream Factory Footscray, Melbourne
Non-Violent Creative Action – ActionJam
May 27th, 2017 at the Dream Factory Footscray, Melbourne
I am looking for designers to run a session over the first event and participate in the second. If you have any other ideas on how you would like to contribute, let me know as we are working in a freestyling creative environment.
I would also appreciate any leads to people/orgs/companies who may be interested and any promo
Let me know if you are keen or have any questions
Posted 09.02.2017 @ 6.17PM
yep the radical and political ones...
and yep scotty.. similar idea.. great to see it is more likely to be viable if others have seen the vision
atm looking for partners so if you both are time poor I will post back here when i have more structure and you can support in context to your time
orginal question tho
who are the influential orgs atm?
Posted 07.02.2017 @ 5.20PM
this will be australian... so probably target Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane.. this would depend on partners...
so fro example AGDA.. what other marketing, design, digotal orgs would be worth approaching...
Would you like to collaborate Scotty?
Posted 13.02.2017 @ 1.01PM
@dvize - i'd definitely be keen to get involved for sure.
some creative organisations there's also the design kids, you've got australian design radio, you've got things like the design conference, agda is still around, design institute of australia, semi-permanent still runs