At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Principal Designer, you’ll champion user-centered design processes and techniques, and be a strategic brand advisor for one of our clients, Bunnings. You’ll craft the energy, ambition and work of your team, leading them to create meaningful work that aligns to the AKQA values of innovation, service, quality and thought.
• Be a strategic brand advisor/ambassador for Bunnings.
• Lead the team and Bunnings to create meaningful work.
• Lead and govern the day-to-day output across your account.
• Possess not just exceptional art direction skills, but also the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking.
• Facilitate and lead design thinking methodology (i.e. double diamond).
• Present leadership content, relevant to your specialism, to key stakeholders.
• Provide design direction across various touchpoints (i.e. websites, apps, digital products and retail installations).
• Be a champion for, and uphold, design and craft standards.
• Confidently present design work to C-suite stakeholders, and build trusting relationships.
• Run formal design critique sessions and participate in daily stand-ups.
• Ensure projects and tasks are delivered, on time and on budget, to the highest design quality.
• Share your learnings and knowledge with the wider XD and AKQA teams.
• Provide mentorship to leads, senior and junior designers.
• Be ‘hands on the tools’ when required.
• Able to craft the work, energy and ambition of the team.
• Can switch from detail to long-term vision with ease.
• Can confidently articulate ideas and form rationalised points of view.
• Can push the way Bunnings thinks and confidently ask ‘why?’
• Hard on the work, not on the people.
• 8+ years in a dedicated digital design/experience role (agency or client side).
• Experience with digital brand strategy.
• Proficient in user-centred design methodologies and design thinking.
• Exceptional design aesthetics and extreme attention to detail.
• Experience and ability to succeed in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment.
• Experience delivering mobile, responsive and systematic designs.
• Strong experience across the Adobe CS suite, Sketch and Invision.
• Previous retail and ecommerce experience highly desirable.
• Experience working with C-suite.