2 x Angular 5 Developers Required - 12 Week Contract - Possible Permanent Opportunities - Remote Positions
We are an established retail based company, (10 years running!). Our company is now on the verge of bringing our business online and into the drop shipping ecommerce space, and we are looking for 2 Angular developers to join the team!
The project you will be joining has been in development for several months and is currently in phase 1 pre-beta. So we are looking for a couple of gun developers to help get us over the line with phase 2, with a goal to launch phase 2 in mid September.
Because of this deadline, it is important that as our new developers you are reliable and dedicated, and have experience and knowledge with ecommerce principles and are confident in what you know. This is not a learn-as-you-go position, so you must be able to demonstrate relevant skills and show previous experience in the Angular 5 framework. Experience in working with backend APIs is also a must!
You will be working closely with the lead backend developer and the UI designer, and with your fellow Angular developer so you must have great communication skills. Please don’t apply if you like to be given a task and be left alone until complete. We encourage frequent discussions and interactions on our Slack channels to make sure we are always on the same page. With that said, we do respect and encourage when one is “in the zone”.
These roles are currently remote positions, so you must have nailed the ‘work from home’ lifestyle and have great time management skills. These are also Full Time contract positions so you need to be available during business hours, Monday to Friday for the 12 week contract. We are flexible though, so if you have a dentist appointment, or your mum wants to go to brunch, that is not a problem. But please do not apply if you cannot commit to this schedule.
Because of our working hours, and tight deadlines, we will not be accepting overseas candidates for these roles. You must be located in Australia to be considered. Overseas applications will not be reviewed, sorry!
Note: These roles have the opportunity for extension, or to be made more permanent, for the right candidates!
The Technical Stuff
Successful candidates will have experience with and demonstrable skills in the following areas:
To understand our existing codebase:
- Generic Programming principles
- N-tier architectures, especially angular enterprise style design patterns
- Dependency Injection pattern - especially an understanding of the limitation to interfaces in Typescript.
- Recursion, Iterators and STL style algorithms for Typescript (a good working knowledge of reduce as an example)
- Demonstrable knowledge data structures in Typescript like maps and dictionaries - ES5/ES6 compatibilities.
- Webpack, AOT compilation and angular 6 optimisations - especially source maps and chunking (knowledge of scss limitations with web pack would be a bonus)
- Karma and Protractor - with a demonstrable understanding of asynchronous testing in Angular 5 / 6. Good ideas on Mocking Strategies.
- Working knowledge of template driven and Reactive forms (with an understanding of one and two-way binding)
- RXJS - especially changes in RXJS 6 (especially pipe syntax). Do you understand the difference between Subject and BehaviorSubject, Observable and Promise.
- Good knowledge of Angular conventions Pipes and Guards. Where, how and why to use them.
- Annotation driven json parsing, serialisation and deserialization
Main Tools (other than Angular):
- Node and NPM
- ng CLI
- Jasmine (mostly obfuscated)
3rd Party tools (Exposure will help)
- Kendo UI
- Cookie Service
- Idle Service
- Source Map Explorer
Other Important Stuff:
- Ecommerce principles, and security implications
- Integration of stateless APIs
- Continuous Integration
- Asana - Project Management
- Slack - Team Communication
A++ if candidate(s) have experience with/an understanding of, but not essential:
- AWS - s3, Edge Cache, ec2, RDS
- PHP / Laravel Framework
We’d like to see:
- A cover letter that includes your current rates
- CV Breakdown of relevant experience and work ethic
- An active GitHub and portfolio to demonstrate knowledge and skills
- Your LinkedIn account (if you have one!)
We are a small but friendly crew, and like to have a laugh. As long as you meet your deadlines, we don’t mind a bit of meme or gif action to lighten the mood.
We encourage anyone from any background to apply, as long as you have the skills to pay the bills.
Successful candidates must be available to start by the 5th August.