ABOUT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House is an iconic Australian institution that embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas.
Our vision is to be as bold and inspiring as the Opera House itself.
Our mission is twofold:
• To treasure and renew the Opera House for future generations of artists, audiences and visitors; and
• To inspire, and strengthen the community, through everything we do.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
SOH Creative is the in-house creative studio of the Sydney Opera House. We’re a small but ambitious team who take great pride in delivering innovative work for one of the most iconic cultural venues in the world.
We’re on the hunt for a detailed driven Creative Artworker with big brand experience. You’ll be a technical expert in digital and print, know Adobe CC inside out and will be able to point out ways we can streamline our operation. As a key guardian of our award-winning identity, you’ll work alongside the creative team to safeguard and develop the identity through updating templates and guidelines whilst working on implementation of over 150 campaigns per year. You should be comfortable taking concepts and rolling out across a wide range of touchpoints.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Superb print and digital knowledge
• Expert technical skills (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Substantial experience working within brand guidelines
• Excellent retouching skills
• Great attention to detail
• Solid understanding of digital specifications and best practice conventions
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
1. As Creative Artworker you will become a key guardian of our brand identity. One of the key projects will involve updating our existing guidelines and templates for digital and print. Please explain how you have achieved this in the past for a similar brand or organisation.
2. We are always looking to improve the way we work. As Creative Artworker you will be responsible for developing streamlined ways of working to improve our efficiency. Please give examples of how you have achieved this for other large brands or organisations.
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at http://jobs.nsw.gov.au. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Full-time, Temporary (12 months)
Position No: SOH1098
Salary: Base Salary of $64,610 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation contribution.
Applications Close: 29th August 2017
Enquiries: Kirsty Garlick