Millipede is an award-winning mobile, education and game development agency. We create elegant experiences that make people learn, laugh and tap Play one more time. Our guiding principle is to create an environment where people can learn and grow, and love what they do.
As Design Director, you will conceive and oversee the creation of highly crafted and conceptual solutions, working closely with our Learning Experience Director, Game Design Director, and members of our interdisciplinary teams.
You will ensure the experiences we create are of the highest quality. You’ll help to win and build client relationships, nurture and guide team members, and consistently demonstrate your design leadership, whether speaking at a conference or sharing insights with your team.
At Millipede, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced environment, with access to ongoing personal and professional development.
Specialised expertise in the following areas:
• Visual and UX design for games
• Interaction design
• Art direction
• Interface design
• Experience strategy.
• Expertise in game design, accessibility and animation will be highly regarded.
• Experience facilitating client workshops and confidently presenting work to all levels of internal/client teams.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Exceptional design aesthetics and craft.
• Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced creative environment, fostering a thriving team culture that enables us to attract and retain the best staff.
• Excellent communication skills.
• An innovative spirit, an avid interest in design and technology, and wide-ranging curiosity.