At Penguin Random House Australia, we strive to be the best home for our authors and people, the most service oriented partner for our customers and to put readers at the centre of everything we do.
Our creative and innovative Adult Publishing team is now looking to fill the position of Designer. Reporting to the Lead Designer, this role encompasses all aspects of book design including (but not limited to): covers, type-setting, and pre-press. The successful candidate will be responsible for interpreting design briefs, preparing, checking and correcting artwork, and overseeing projects through editorial and production stages.
The main responsibilities of the role will also include:
• Providing innovative, fresh designs which respond appropriately to briefs
• Sourcing images and artwork, and recommending design concepts
• Working collaboratively and providing support to other members of the design team
• Liaising with internal and external customers including illustrators & photographers as required
Qualifications and/or Experience Required:
• Minimum 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
• Essential - Bachelor of Design, Advanced Diploma or equivalent industry experience
• Essential - demonstrated ability to interpret, design and complete briefs within a scheduled time and budget
• Essential - experience and knowledge of design software (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator)
• Outstanding creativity and design abilities
• Demonstrated time management skills and prioritisation skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to build strong working relationships with design colleagues stakeholders
• Previous experience in book design highly regarded
All applications must include a cover letter, resume and portfolio.
Please note, due to the high number of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants who meet all required criteria will be contacted.