DIGITAL CREATIVE DIRECTOR / SENIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER
• Diverse role within a small and growing digital agency, seeking your influence to work on a range of digital projects for our clients.
• We will invest in your learning and growth. We want you to be your best!
• Modern co-working space with a great team culture. Arcade games, foosball, garden, coffee, cereal , cinema and beer on tap!
Do you have a genuine passion for graphic design, with a strong background in digital and web, and a real desire to work as an integral part of a small team with big goals?
Ignite Online (igniteonline.com.au) is a web design agency based in Collingwood, Victoria, working out of the amazing co-working space, The Commons. We are looking for a senior digital designer with a love of all things design to work on a range of digital solutions for our awesome clients.
IS THIS YOU?
• YOU ARE A DESIGN NERD! You live and breathe design. You follow all the top design blogs, publications and websites religiously including the web design awards websites like Awwwards. You genuinely love to design and strive to continue evolving to become a better designer all the time.
• You are humble and curious!
• You are a team player that loves to collaborate to get the best results, and have fun doing it!
• You know Photoshop and Illustrator like the back of your hand. Knowledge of Sketch would be a bonus, but not essential (We will teach you).
• Near enough is not good enough for you. You have an eye for the tiniest details and strive for perfection.
• You love typography. An in-depth and thorough knowledge of type and layout principles is mandatory.
• You are a digital native, and at home working with a range of cloud-based software. You use OSX, and love your tech-gadgets.
• You have a willingness to learn a range of new digital skills and applications.
• You are self-motivated and able to work without constant supervision.
• You are passionate about being organised and planned, armed with your to-do lists and timelines.
• You are a go-getter with strong initiative; you are fast paced and love to create epic outcomes.
• You pride yourself on your excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills.
• Designing Award-winning websites will be the majority of the role. Experience in web and UX design is a bonus. Typography and layout design knowledge and generation of great ideas is predominantly what we are looking for.
• Ideas. We need somebody who thinks differently and creatively. We do not offer me-too solutions; we lead the way. We need a bold designer, ready to unleash their full potential.
• User-experience focused design is imperative. A website design is worthless if it is not easy for the end-user to navigate.
• Some print based design and branding such as logo design/business cards.
• Some e-newsletter design work.
• Some Banner ad design work (Google Adwords/Facebook Ads).
• Some Social Media (Instagram/Facebook) imagery creation.
• Office: Think Google, we have a modern co-working space in Collingwood with Foosball, arcade games, a garden, free coffee, free beer, free cereal, fruit and soon a cinema! Want to see a video of our space? https://player.vimeo.com/video/149712120 or check our Instagram @igniteonline
• Culture: We strive to create the ultimate work environment for our team. Check out our Instagram to get a feel for our culture - @igniteonline.
• Industry leading work: We are selective with the projects we take on, we work with brands that inspire us! We do not churn and burn projects. We deliver the most refined and thoughtful solutions, for awesome clients, that the whole team can be proud of.
• Clients: We love our clients, and with some awesome brands that you know and will love to work with.
• Small team: We currently work with a small team of people that love what they do. Don't be just another cog in a massive agency, have real impact and influence!
• Latest Gear: We have a brand new iMac for you to work on.
• Fridays: We head to the pub for lunch and love an afternoon drink with our co-working neighbours.
• Your folio is crucial. We are looking for a mix of professional and personal projects.
• Degree preferred in design but not essential.
• At least three years industry experience (no recent graduates).
• Digital agency experience a big bonus
Based on experience.
We need a cover letter, resumé and your folio.
In your cover letter, be sure to tell us why you are perfect for this role, and what you are looking forward to bringing to Ignite Online.
In your resume, please include references from your direct managers at your previous position/s.
For your folio, please include links to online examples if applicable and include a mixture of personal and professional work. If you worked on a project with a team, please specify your direct contributions.
Please email your application (Please do not call) and we will be in touch once the application process has ended.
Thank you, I look forward to reviewing your application!
If you have not heard from us within four weeks of submitting your application, we thank you for your interest in joining the Ignite Online team but on this occasion your application was not shortlisted. Please feel free to reapply to suitable opportunities in the future.