An exciting opportunity has become available for a Digital Designer to work for one of Australia’s leading lifestyle websites.
The company, Over60, is Australia’s leading online destination for over-60’s and retirees. It is lead and founded by two of Australia’s most successful start-up entrepreneurs. Located in Surry Hills, we have a young, fun and highly-driven team.
The role on a day-to-day basis will be responsible for the output of all print and digital ads, sales and campaign collateral, web banners, EDM assets, social media creative and other adhoc tasks. Looking bigger picture, this role will assist with the guardianship and evolution of the Over60 brand as well as work across larger projects relating to the UI of the website and other digital initiatives.
The role reports directly to the Head of Digital Experience & Brand and will also work closely with the Head of Content, Product & Membership Manager, Digital Campaign Manager, Content Producers, and other members of the team.
What we are looking for
We are after a highly-driven, creative, self-starter who is enthusiastic about what they do and loves a good challenge. We are looking for someone who can design for both print and digital mediums – the role is primarily digital but print creative is required from time to time. This is a great opportunity for a gun junior designer who is looking to step up or a mid-weight looking for flexibility to harness their skills.
To be considered for this role, you must possess the following skills and experience:
• 2-5 years proven experience as a digital or graphic designer
• Tertiary education in related field
• High-proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
• Sound experience working to brief from concept to execution across multiple digital mediums (web, online display, social media, EDMs, etc)
• Excellent understanding and experience designing HTML/Web friendly designs
• Sound understanding of online display advertising and proven experience producing HTML5 content for the purpose of online display
• Strong awareness of technology and digital trends
• Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
• Great attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and within required deadlines
• Basic to intermediate working knowledge of HTML/CSS
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
• Some understanding in UX design and the desire to learn more
• Experience using MailChimp or similar platform
• Experience using Content Management Systems
• Video editing skills
If you feel you have a close skill match and are keen to find out more, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a copy of your current resume (PDF or Linkedin) and a link to your online portfolio.
• Applicants without a cover letter and portfolio link will not be considered.
• Only successful candidates will be contacted.
• No recruiters.