Hooroo is the Qantas Group's online hotel and accommodation business. Created as a start-up within the Qantas Group, Hooroo has grown to command a significant share of the Australian accommodation market in the four years since launch. Our business powers the end to end booking experience for Qantas Hotels and Jetstar Hotels. Hooroo is already a medium size business employing approximately 40 people in Melbourne and running a call centre in Manila of approximately 20 agents. We are a dynamic team that shares a deep passion for travel, and work tirelessly to put our brands at the forefront of the hotel booking experience.
We are a business within a business and proud of our unique, agile, collaborative culture.
Based in the Marketing team, your key objective is to help the team to better understand our customers behaviour which will enable the team to formulate targeted marketing and communication strategies. You will be working closely with the Hooroo commercial team and the Qantas & Jetstar marketing teams. We’re looking for someone with customer analytics experience within the digital retail space.
Reporting to Sales Manager, your main accountabilities will include:
• Detailed analysis of customer flight data and hotel data
• Identify and understand customer profile and segmentation
• Interpret data to gain advanced insights into how flight bookers translate to hotel bookers and apply learnings to exponentially increase the conversion rate
• Build data models on customer behavioural characteristics and work with the commercial team to retain existing and acquire new customers
• Focus on development of a customer lifetime value strategy
• Work with marketing teams and agencies to ensure that this data is being used to increase customer acquisition and conversion
• Use insights to enhance user experience to increase customer retention
To be considered for this role you will have:
• Ideally come from digital retail environment
• Prior experience as Digital Analyst, Customer Analyst, Digital Retail Analyst and Marketing Analyst
• Experience in building data models based on customers
• Experience using Adobe web analytics is highly desirable but not necessary
• Proven track records in abstracting and analysing large data sets
• Excellent communication skills, especially with the ability to articulate the findings and insights
• Collaborate and drive marketing strategies
• The ability to work autonomously in a rapidly changing environment