We are looking for a Drupal specialist to join forces with us and create new digital platforms and brand experiences that others will love.
If you are an experienced Drupal developer, are passionate about all things web and like to collaborate in a fun environment, then you’re exactly the type of person we want to speak to.
Who are we?
Grindstone is a leading integrated creative and digital agency with a diverse national client base.
Based in the creative hub of West Geelong, our studio is home to a bunch of creatives, thinkers, designers, artists, technicians and planners constantly collaborating to deliver creative solutions.
Who are you?
Ideally you have experience in a digital or creative agency setting. Experience with govCMS would also be highly desirable.
You’re naturally self-motivated and calm under the pressure of a deadline. You’re able to be productive across multiple projects and efficient with client budgets. You’ll also be a problem solver who plays well in a team and can give and take feedback.
You’ll love discovering emerging technologies and web practices to assimilate into our processes.
What the role requires:
• Ability to deliver pixel perfect interpretation and translation of designs (we’re a creative agency, so we’re picky about padding…)
• Can willingly collaborate with UI designers, UX and content specialists and other developers
• Able to employ a user-centric approach to the web development process
• Can contribute to task scoping and costing
• WCAG familiarity (this is a big focus for us)
• Well-versed in current development methodologies and environments
Skills we need you to have:
• PHP / MySQL
• HTML / CSS (Bootstrap or similar)
• Ability to extend and customise Drupal functionality with contributed and custom modules
Skills that would be nice if you had them:
• Open source contributions
• Understanding of CI &amp; Unit Testing
• API Integration(s)
• Experience with any Angular / React / Vue
• Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
• Linux Shell Scripting
• Laravel or similar PHP Framework experience
What can we offer you?
This is a rare chance to join an established, thriving creative agency with plans for even bigger things, combined with the lifestyle benefits of living in the Geelong/Surf Coast region.
We’re a flexible, social and friendly workplace with a focus on wellbeing in a creative repurposed warehouse studio space. We work hard but in a relaxed environment.
We offer endless barista coffee, sit-stand desks, weekly yoga, fresh fruit, a pool table, eternal Spotify and lots of socialising. Grindstone also promotes a learning culture with PD opportunities available.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you’d be great for Grindstone and three examples of websites you’ve developed to email@example.com
Only applicants with the ability to work on-site and the right to work in Australia need apply. No recruiters.