Front-End / WordPress / Design freelancer for semi-regular work
I'm a freelance designer with a few solid clients. I'm after someone who can help me out with these clients on a semi-regular basis (i.e., a bunch of hours when busy, a few hours when not busy and zero hours when it's really quiet).
Here's what you must be able to do (in order of importance):
1. Front-End Dev
- take a supplied mockup, make it work nicely in html/css across all devices
- must know bootstrap well
- must know how to integrate your lovely front-end work with WordPress
- git: all web stuff will be done collaboratively via git, always
- SCSS (don't care about your setup in terms of compiling, but we will write SCSS)
- command line (gotta get our stuff deployed on the servers somehow)
- you must have and know Adobe CC (mockups will generally be supplied in PSD, AI or XD)
- as mentioned above, you need to know how to create and edit a WordPress theme
- you must know WordPress well, you must have good experience with writing themes/plugins
- not vital, but huge bonus if you know your way around Sage/Roots theme
3. EDMs / HTML for email
- must know the limitations and basics of creating HTML for email
- must know how to work with EDM management apps such as Campaign Monitor (or Mailchimp)
- it's not vital, but would be a huge advantage if you can design websites and EDMs as I'd definitely make use of this skill if you have it
I'm just a solo designer, I work remotely for all of my clients – I'd expect you to also work in your underwear in the privacy of your own home. You must have good internet. Communication will happen via Slack and all jobs will be managed with Asana.
If you're located in Melbourne it'd be a bonus, but it's not vital.
I wouldn't expect availability 9-5 every weekday, but I would expect you to be available during business hours (Melbourne time) for at least a chunk of the week.