Permanent Part-time (4 days a week) Graphic Artist - based in Bentleigh, Victoria
As a Funeral Studio Graphic Artist, you will be part of a small boutique team of hard working individuals that thrive on challenges and enjoy creating meaningful memories for families who have experienced a loss. We have clients in a variety of States.
A minimum of 3 year&#039;s experience is sought for this role and you will need to be a qualified Graphic Artist.
We are looking for someone with a &#039;can do&#039; attitude and who is willing to participate in all aspects of our business.
The role is responsible to the General Manager.
Key Elements of Role
• Create Printed Keepsakes (including Orders of Service Booklets, Bookmarks, Lifetime of Memories Books etc).
• Create Precious Moments DVD&#039;s/Videos.
• Create eTributes using our Content Management System.
• Assisting with website design (experience in html and css an advantage).
• Involvement in new product design/development.
• Liaise with families predominately via email and phone, however, occasional face-to-face consultation maybe required.
• Inspire and contribute to a team environment.
• Other administrative tasks as directed.
Creative skills and experience
• Have some form of tertiary qualification in Visual Communication/Graphic Design.
• Proficient in software applications including: Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (CS5 and above).
• Experience or keen interest in video production.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding proof checking skills.
Personal Skills and attributes
• Friendly, approachable and thoughtful person who enjoys liaising with client families.
• Always trying to strive for design excellence.
• Eager to learn, share and problem-solve in a collaborative environment.
• Project management skills to ensure that tight deadlines are always met.
• Be prepared to take creative direction
This role will also need to cover, on a full-time basis, annual/sick leave for a colleague when they go on holidays etc.
In-house training will be provided to the successful applicant.
As soon as possible.
If you meet these requirements and would like to apply for this position please email your CV and folio (or a link to your folio) to email@example.com by no later than Monday 13 February, 2017.