We are a small graphic design and letterpress studio based in Windsor, Brisbane and we are looking for an experienced designer to join our team.
This is a great opportunity for a creative designer who loves being exposed to a diverse range of work from branding and print based projects through to digital media. Whilst the studio predominantly specialises in brand development, beautifully crafted stationery and bespoke print media, we are a multi-disciplinary and our work extends through to production of various types of small and large format print collateral and digital marketing projects including design and development of responsive websites, eDM campaigns and social media support.
The ideal candidate would be a highly creative, enthusiastic person with a broad range of skills to support the growing design requirements of both our client base and support the marketing initiatives of the studio. You must love all things print and paper, and enjoy the opportunity of having a hands-on role in the production of work from our letterpress studio. You will also be working on our new sister-brand focused purely on high-end invitations, signage and styling requirements for the wedding industry so attention to detail and a knack for creative typography is a must. Every project is different so each day at our studio is often never the same and you’ll need to be able to prioritise your projects, and be organised and adaptable switching between tasks with ease.
This is a client-facing role, so excellent communication skills and a friendly, helpful personality are essential. You must be able to work autonomously and manage a project from start to finish, but also be able to take direction and work effectively as part of a team.
What we are looking for:
• Minimum of 4 years of industry experience
• Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (on Mac)
• Ability to deliver strong creative ideas in response to the brief and within design guidelines
• Experience with all aspects of design for printed publications
• Strong knowledge of print and electronic production processes, pre-press and file formats
• Web design / understanding of CSS/HTML (to develop & manage our wordpress websites)
• Excellent typography skills
• Experience briefing and liaising with external contractors including printers, web developers
• Strong communication skills in a team environment and with external contractors
• A highly organised multi-tasker with excellent time management skills
• Being able to deliver work to high standard with respect to budget and deadline constraints
Nice to have's:
• Illustration skills
• Basic Photography Skills
• Experience in social media management using Hootsuite
• Pride in delivering beautiful work with a strong focus on the little details
• A passion for delivering highly creative and clever work
• A ‘Can do’ attitude!
If you think you are a fit for us, we’d love to hear from you!
Please send your resume and portfolio, along with your letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org