Mentorloop is a Melbourne-based start-up making mentoring relationships easier to start, run and participate in. At a high-growth stage, we’re seeking an experienced UI/UX designer to work closely with our small and dedicated team to take Mentorloop to the next level.
You will take a pivotal role in shaping our product; conducting user research, consulting with stakeholders and designing elegant solutions that make mentoring easy and accessible for everyone.
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- UI Design. You’re excellent on the tools; developing wireframes, mockups and build-ready prototypes.
- Mobile-first and/or native app design experience.
- Digital product design. Beyond the interface, you understand what makes a good product and how thoughtful design can make a meaningful difference for our customers.
- Stakeholder consultation and research. You can conduct stakeholder workshops, user research, requirements gathering and usability testing.
- Developing metrics and measuring success. You understand how to define and measure success and to respond according to what the data tells us.
- Excellent communication skills. You’re comfortable collaborating directly both with our internal teams and with our customers.
- Experience with Agile/lean processes and principles. Or an enthusiastic approach to learning them!
- Self-starter. You’ll be given the professional support you need to flourish in the role, but you’ll take it by the horns and make it your own.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Own the user interface. You’ll shape the look and feel of the application.
- Design the product to implement the company vision. Learn why we’re passionate about mentoring, become passionate yourself, and design a product that makes a meaningful difference to the mentoring relationships of our customers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to constantly improve the product. Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand the changing needs of our customers, recognise opportunities for growth and design a product that answers these calls.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure successful delivery of your work. Oversee the implementation of your work from idea to finished product.
- Build, measure and learn. Measure the success of your designs in the wild, understand what makes a successful product and use your learnings to iterate on the product.
- Learn and live startup culture. Mentorloop is a Startmate graduate and is backed by some of Australia’s leading investors.
- Role can be full time or part time.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- On-site at our office in the CBD of Melbourne, Australia.
- This role forms part of Mentorloop’s product team, reporting directly to the CTO.
- Choose your platform and we’ll provide the hardware; laptops, monitors, etc.
- You’ll be given the option to participate in our employee stock ownership plan.
- You get the day off on your birthday!
This is an important role for us, so we’re looking for the right person. We’re flexible about the working arrangement – full time or part time – and we’ll negotiate the right salary for the right candidate.
Think you’re a good fit? Email your CV to our CTO, Mark Reid.