Cassette is on the lookout for a stand-out mid-weight designer to join our growing team, working in the Melbourne office. Possessing a minimum 3 years’ experience, the successful candidate will have worked in an advertising/design studio environment previously as opposed to client-side/in-house/freelance-only roles.
Your time will focus on the production of materials for print and digital mediums, but will also include taking part in or leading concept sessions as well as assisting with the management of our more junior design team members.
You will work collaboratively within a creative team of designers, with support from and reporting to our Studio Manager and Creative Director.
As a must, the successful applicant will have:
- Very strong skills in the core Adobe apps: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- At least three years’ experience working on design projects independently and within an Account Service style agency working directly with Account Managers
- Experience in taking briefs from and presenting design rational to clients
- A recent portfolio of brand design and development projects
- A solid understanding of designing for digital projects, primarily web
- A broad understanding of designing for print
- An eagerness to increase skill level and work hard to achieve the company’s goals
- A personal drive to contribute to a better world through our projects
- Clear initiative to learn and apply new skills
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively without high-levels of guidance
- The ability to work hard and put in extra hours if and when required (busy periods or when on-pitch)
We'd love to see (though not essential):
- Evidence of a strong creative/conceptual process
- Pitch experience and conversion
- An interest in the property space would be preferable
- A strong understanding of copywriting