- Fixed term 12 month opportunity
- Part time 3 days per week
- Band 3.1 - $64,749 per annum, pro rata + 9.5% Superannuation
Arts Centre Melbourne:
Situated in the heart of Melbourne's cultural precinct, Arts Centre Melbourne (ACM) is both a defining Melbourne landmark and Australia's largest and busiest performing arts centre. For nearly 30 years, we have played a leading role in showcasing the best local and international performing arts. We are host and partner to the national and state music, opera, theatre and dance companies, together with local companies, festivals and a multitude of commercial partners.
The Business Unit:
Marketing and Communications is responsible for the management of Arts Centre Melbourne’s Marketing, Online, Communications and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) services. The department coordinates the integrated planning and implementation of campaigns for external hirers and Arts Centre Melbourne presented programming. Marketing and Communications are the brand advocates for Arts Centre Melbourne and ensure that the brand reflects our vision and values.
Working within a fast paced environment, in this role you will be responsible for developing and translating graphic and digital design for marketing campaigns and projects. Reporting to the Graphic Artist, the role will also involve:
- In conjunction with the Graphic Artist, develop digital graphics for online use across website, digital advertising, digital signage and social media platforms
- Develop print graphics for use across advertising, large format, signage & wayfinding, marketing print collateral
- Liaise with external design agency on delivery of design concepts• Liaise with external print and digital suppliers and publishers for delivery of art and advise on colour/ corrections/specifications
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in graphics work including development of images, graphics logos and promotional materials, as well as:
- Understanding of pre-press, production and printing
- Finished art skills in digital and print
- Proficient in MAC operation and skilled in all aspects of Adobe Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and Animate)
- Moderate HTML5 / CSS skills with the ability to create HTML5 Banner ads
Understanding of accessibility, usability and web best practices
What we can offer you:
- Opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career through accessing Learning and Development programs
- Access to House Seats to Arts Centre Melbourne shows
- Exclusive discounts from various food outlets including Fatto, Sake and Teatro
- Discounted car parking rates for staff
- Join a great team that makes work exciting and engaging
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ and submit your cover letter and resume in one file. Applications should be submitted by 9 July 2017.
Please refer to the position description for further information available on the Arts Centre Melbourne website.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.