We’re on the hunt for an experienced designer to join our boutique agency based in Parramatta. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, amazing creative and an impeccable communicator. You will need to be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
At Beyond the Hedge you’ll be part of a small, dedicated team that’s passionate about design. You’ll get to work on a wide variety of projects across different industries and see them through their full life-cycle. We’ve recently won an exciting government contract and are looking to expand.
An immediate start would be great but we understand notice periods may need to be given. This is a part-time role (initially 3 days per week) with the opportunity to go full-time. The option to work remotely can be discussed.
What this role offers:
- Great variety of design work – from branding, to brochures, infographics and website projects
- Lots of opportunity to further strengthen your design and branding capabilities
- You'll be a trusted and valued member of our small agency
- A healthy work / life balance
Our new team member will:
- Have proven graphic and digital designer credentials and expertise, demonstrating creativity and have excellent design flair
- Demonstrate experience in designing brochures, infographics, websites and working on branding projects.
- Are a strategic thinker who can provide innovative design solutions
- Know the importance of fully understanding a client’s needs – beyond what the client thinks they need
- Be comfortable and confident meeting with clients to accept briefs and present ideas
- Be a problem-solver, have a can-do attitude and work in a timely manner
- Have a realistic approach to project time allocation and take ownership of deadlines
- Be organised, articulate and able to communicate your ideas effectively
- Have the ability to take direction and work in a fast-paced team environment, but can also work autonomously with limited direction
- Know the Adobe Creative Suite inside-out
- Experience with WordPress will be highly regarded
- Be flexible, as you will often be working on multiple projects at one time
HOW TO APPLY
Email us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us your CV with a cover page and include your portfolio (digital portfolio preferred) with the best examples of your work.