ABOUT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House is an iconic Australian institution that embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas.
Our vision is to be as bold and inspiring as the Opera House itself.
Our mission is twofold:
• To treasure and renew the Opera House for future generations of artists, audiences and visitors; and
• To inspire, and strengthen the community, through everything we do.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
SOH Creative is the in-house creative studio of the Sydney Opera House. We’re a small but ambitious team who take great pride in delivering innovative work for one of the most iconic cultural venues in the world.
We’re on the hunt for a hungry, driven Senior Creative with great ideas and great craft skills. It’s a hands-on role in which you’d be delivering concepts for major campaigns and festivals, implementing our new award-winning brand identity, and ultimately creating work that makes a real difference. But it’s not just about making things that look good – we want a problem solver, someone who appreciates the power of creativity, language and can think in motion. As a Senior Creative you’ll be comfortable owning projects, presenting your ideas and overseeing more junior members of the team.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong conceptual and craft skills with strategic understanding
• Proven problem solver, desire to create work that makes a difference
• Art direction skills (photography and video)
• Ability to not only think of visual ideas, but verbal and motion ones too
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and Keynote
• Minimum 4+ years’ experience in a design role
• Motion, illustration, photography or UX skills would be a bonus
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
1. As Senior Creative you will be responsible for taking projects from initial idea through to final delivery. Using previous projects as an example, please explain how you have achieved this in the past for a large brand or organisation.
2. Over the next year we will be looking to grow to the team to include a Junior Creative and an internship scheme. As our Senior Creative you will be responsible for developing their skills and inspiring creative excellence. Please explain how you have achieved this in previous roles.
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at http://jobs.nsw.gov.au. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Full-time, Temporary (12 month)
Position No: SOH1096
Salary: Base Salary of $79,518 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation contribution
Applications Close: 29th August 2017
Enquiries: Kirsty Garlick