You will be proactive and outgoing in this role. You will have the ability to articulate and execute on development projects with great attention to detail. Your output will be approximately a 70/30 split between front-end and back-end work with supervision of and engagement in front-end projects being the majority of your work. You will also have experience in managing internal and external account relationships.
- To translate the design and style guides provided by the UI/UX team into functional user interfaces, to ensure cross browser compatibility and performance
- To communicate with the client and project team, and explain progress on the development effort
- Aim for continual improvement by providing recommendations for the user interface, software architecture and new technologies
- To take responsibility for the successful delivery of the project solution (own the success)
- To stay relevant in relation to industry trends and influences in relation to digital technology, web standards, social networks, e-commerce and mobile technologies and the potential opportunities/risk for organisation.
- 4+ years of experience as a Senior developer
- Strong customer service/client service skills
- Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing and fast-paced environment
- Experience mentoring and leading other developers including Junior-level developers
- Proficient in at least one major server-side language: PHP, Ruby, Python, and knowledge of an development framework such as CakePHP, Ruby on Rails, Laravel
- Working knowledge of relational databases including MySQL
- Wordpress (theme and plugin), Craft and/or Drupal development experience
- Comfortable working with Git version control workflows and web services such as Bitbucket and Github, and experience with pre-processors and task runners (Grunt/Gulp)
- Experience with Linux-based server management (Apache, MySQL, Let’s Encrypt) and DNS management
- Knowledge of web accessibility best practice including W3C requirements and WAI-ARIA specification
- Knowledge of SEO best practice and meta/schema/Open Graph data
- Comfortable using design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Sketch and Principle
- Extremely high attention to design detail and reproduction fidelity
Bonus points for:
- Experience with native mobile development such as Swift/iOS and Android
- Experience with wireframing tools such as Axure
- A passion for web development beyond your day job, including interesting personal projects or hobbies
How to apply:
Please send your CV, and 2 or 3 recent projects you’ve worked on (Website/GitHub/Bitbucket) with a brief description of what/how you contributed.
Only applications with a CV and samples of work will be accepted.
No recruitment agencies please.