Grindstone is a leading integrated creative and digital agency with a diverse client base across the nation. We are looking for experienced developers with a UX bent to join our team.
If you’ve had experience in a digital or full service agency, are passionate about coding and love to collaborate, then one of these roles could be yours.
You’ll need a deep understanding of end-to-end website and application development, high level or emerging skills in UX design and a can-do attitude.
Based in Geelong, Grindstone’s client base spans the nation, with many key clients in Melbourne. The positions may be based in Geelong or Melbourne, so we’re encouraging Melbourne developers to apply.
What you need
• CMS experience e.g. Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla!
• JS libraries e.g. Mootools & jQuery
Key aspects of the role
• Pixel perfect interpretation and translation of UI designs, IA and wireframes into fully responsive websites (we’re also a creative agency, so we’re picky about padding…)
• Collaborate with UI designers, UX specialists and other developers
• Employ a user-centric approach to the development process
• Contribute to task scoping and costing
Other skills & attributes
• UX design and accessibility (this is a big focus for us)
• High level of efficiency and productivity
• Great communication skills in listening, speaking and writing
• Well-versed in current development methodologies and environments
• Self-motivated and calm under pressure
• Problem solver and a team player, who can give and take feedback
• Manage your time effectively across multiple projects and adhere to budgets and deadlines (familiarity with Streamtime an advantage)
• Current and emerging technologies and web practices are continuously on your radar for assimilation into our processes.
What you get
We’re a flexible, social and friendly workplace with a focus on wellbeing in a creative repurposed warehouse studio space. We offer real coffee, sit-stand desks, weekly yoga, fresh fruit, a pool table and lots of socialising. Grindstone also promotes a learning culture with PD opportunities available.
We work hard but in a relaxed environment.
We need to move fast, so if you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume including details of your skills and experience and a cover letter outlining why you’d be great for Grindstone, along with examples of websites or apps you have developed to firstname.lastname@example.org