Been a while since we have done one of these, always a bit of fun to see the same questions come back again and again.
Anyway, as much as I like to ramble to you good folk, you may or may not know that Field Trip is on again and making it's way back to Sydney this August 30th at Money Baa (a great theatre at Darling Quarter). We have an incredible line-up and one of those fine people taking part is the uber talented Chris Nielsen. Think texture and 1950s charm and you have Chris' work in a nutshell. I'm a massive fan.
1. State your name, location, medium, and the last meal you ate.
Christopher Nielsen, Surry Hills Sydney, Paint & Photoshop, birthday cake.
2. What are you working on at the moment?
Series of 13 horror stories for Penguin, a Pearson educational book, a website for a web strategy business, a full pager for the Law Journal and an Inside Sport illo.
3. Describe the last person you saw do a live talk that really inspired you.
Don't get a chance to get out of the studio to talks very often but I listen to a lot of great interviews with amazing illustrators at Your Dreams My Nightmares: http://yourdreamsmynightmares.com
4. Name a tool of the trade which you use, digital or otherwise, that is absolutely essential to your workflow.
My Cintiq Wacom screen.
5. What are the top three tracks in your 25 most played iTunes playlist?
What is up with iTunes!!! Every new update sucks worst than the last one. Stuffed if I can even find the 25 most played playlist anymore... probably something country or western.
6. If you could boil down the most important lesson you've learned as a professional creative to three words, what would they be?
Make. It. Yours.
7. What is your favourite website for comic relief?
8. Can you tell us a bit about your plans for your Field Trip performance?
I think I'm going to talk about about a big body of work I've been creating for James Squire beer over the last 6 months.
9. What do you hope the Audience will take away from your presentation?
Just hoping to avoid rotten fruit being thrown.
10. Who is your daddy and what does he do?
Pappa was a rolling stone.
Thanks Chris. Tickets are on sale right now from our online store. These are early bird prices and we have made this a smaller event so we are 100% positive this will sell out. Go get them!
This weeks questions brought to you by our good mates Mail Chimp. They have a wicked new website, have you seen it?