Hopefully by now you know that Field Trip is coming to Melbourne this April the 12th. If not, we have some work to do...
As part of the Filed Trip tradition, we ask all of our performing artists to answer 10 questions in an attempt for you guys to get to know them a bit better before the big day. First off is Oslo Davis, an illustrator and cartoonist working out of Melbourne whose work I am positive you have seen before. If not in the newspaper, then maybe at Golden Plains, perhaps at Readings or on a wide variety of book covers, then there is his own film, Melbhattan. There is a lot of Oslo to go around.
With a wicked sense of humor in toe, I'm personally looking forward to seeing Oslo take the stage for Field Trip Melbourne 2013. So let's get to the questions.
1. State your name, location, medium, and the last meal you ate.
A tub of foie gras and gravy.
2. What are you working on at the moment?
My relationship with my mother.
3. Describe the last person you saw do a live talk that really inspired you.
The old guy in the Bourke Street Mall who reads from the Book of Revelations.
4. Name a tool of the trade which you use, digital or otherwise, that is absolutely essential to your workflow.
5. What are the top three tracks in your 25 most played iTunes playlist?
‘Tubthumping’ by Chumbawamba
‘Amnesia’ by Chumbawamba
‘Enough Is Enough’ (with MC Fusion) by Chumbawamba
6. If you could boil down the most important lesson you've learned as a professional creative to three words, what would they be?
Watch your word count.
7. What is your favourite website for comic relief?
8. Can you tell us a bit about your plans for your Field Trip performance?
I’m thinking it’ll be a bit like My Kitchen Rules meets Lincoln.
9. What do you hope the Audience will take away from your presentation?
10. Who is your daddy and what does he do?
I don’t know what this means, sorry.
Thanks Oslo. Perhaps we can explain that last one on the day. Tickets are now on sale and are available from our online store. Don't forget, the cut off for early bird pricing is April 1st (only a fool would miss that).
This weeks 10 Questions was brought to you by the good people at Mail Chimp.